Sent on behalf of Lauren Winchell, Chief Justice of the Honor Council:
Dear 1Ls and 2Ls:
Honor Council elections are just around the corner! This is a nomination process, not a campaign process. Keep in mind the seriousness and great honor of this position. Please review the Honor Code, Section 21 of the Academic Regulations found here.
April 1 & April 2 – Nominate a member of your class (it can be yourself) into the ballot box in the lobby next to SBA elections.
- Nominees will be vetted by the administration and will be notified by email of their nomination to either accept or deny the nomination
April 8th – Mandatory 12:00 lunch meeting with the current Honor Council for all nominees who accept their nomination. Following the meeting, each nominee is required to write a personal statement and email it Lauren Winchell (email@example.com) by 5 pm on April 9th. The personal statements will be posted onto the On Legal Grounds blog.
- If you do not attend the meeting, we will assume that you are not accepting your nomination.
- If you notify Lauren Winchell at firstname.lastname@example.org to the meeting with a valid excuse for missing the meeting, your nomination position will be held.
April 14th, 15th, & 16th – Voting by class and section.
- 2Ls will cast three votes
- 1Ls will cast five votes
- Nominee who receives the most votes from the 1L class will serve as Secretary during the 2015-2016 school year and Chief Justice during the 2016-2017 school year
- Nominee who receives the second most votes from the 1L class will serve as the Associate Chief Justice during the 2016-2017 school year.
- Nominee who receives the third most votes from the 1L class will serve as a Student Justice during the 2016-2017 school year.
- The three nominees who receive the most votes from the 2L class will be seated on the Honor Council.