Fall 2015 Exam Tech Tips
Below are some important technology related tips to remember for your upcoming exams.
Before your first exam:
- Read through the Exam4 instructions.
- Print off the email you received with your Exam ID, and pack it with your laptop to bring to the exam.
- If you have a Windows machine, run “Windows Updates” the night before. Make sure that you have all of the latest patches from Microsoft before coming to the exam.
- Pack your laptop’s charger to bring to the exam.
- Take a practice exam. (Instructions for taking a practice exam are included in the Exam4 instructions).
When you arrive in the room for your exam:
- Plug in your laptop’s charger.
- Connect to the University wifi (“uofm”, NOT “uofm-guest”).
- Once you’re connected to the wifi, make sure that you can browse the Internet. If you receive a “SafeConnect Client Policy Key” page, follow the instructions on the page to install the policy key, then make sure you can browse the internet.
- Have your exam ID out and ready to type in.
After your exam is completed:
- Once you end the exam, you will not be able to change anything, so double-check your exam before proceeding.
- Click “End Exam” in the top-left corner. Confirm that you want to end the exam, then click “OK”.
- The text from your exam will turn blue, and you will no longer be able to change it. Click “Submit Electronically” on the box that pops up.
- Do not leave the classroom until you receive the “green box”:
- Once you’ve received the green box, click the box next to “I understand”, then click “OK”.
- Go back to the top-left corner in the software, click on “File & Save Options”, and then click to exit the software.