We’ve had a few students stop by with questions about printing, so IT has put together some instructions on the topic that you can find below.
There are two important things to know prior to printing. First, you must be connected to the “UofM” wifi network for this to work. If you are connected to the “UofM-Guest” wifi, you will not be able to login. Second, Web Print will only accept the following file types:
|Microsoft Excel||xlam, xls, xlsb, xlsm, xlsx, xltm, xltx|
|Microsoft PowerPoint||pot, potm, potx, ppam, pps, ppsm, ppsx, ppt, pptm, pptx|
|Microsoft Word||doc, docm, docx, dot, dotm, dotx, rtf|
|Picture Files||bmp, dib, gif, jfif, jif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, png, tif, tiff|
Wireless Printing through iPrint
- Open your browser and type http://iprint.memphis.edu in the address bar, then hit enter.
- Click the “MY ACCOUNT” text to be directed to the login page.
- Proceed to login with your University of Memphis username and password.
- Once you have logged in to the site, scroll to the right and find the “WEB PRINT” text, then click on it.
- Click on the blue text that reads “Submit a Job”.
- In the “Quick Find” box, type in “LW” for Law, then click “Find Printer”. This will display the two iPrint enabled printers – LW206P01 (located near the 2nd floor computer lab) and LW432P01 (located in the 4th floor computer lab). Select the printer you prefer, then scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Print Options and Account Selection” link.
- Select how many copies you would like to print, then click the “Upload Documents” button.
- Upload your document to be printed. You may either upload the document from a file or simply drag and drop it into the upload box, then the click the “Upload & Complete” button.
- Once you click the “Upload & Complete” button you will be directed to this page. Your document will queue and then print.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact us by email atLawIT@memphis.edu, or stop by Room 209 for help.